Monday, October 12, 2015

Review: Crossing the Ice

BOOK DETAILS: 
Crossing the Ice (#1) by Jennifer Comeaux
Publication Date: August 2, 2014 * Genres: Contemporary, New Adult 

Synopsis: 

Falling hard never felt so good.

Pair skaters Courtney and Mark have one shot left at their Olympic dream. They vow not to let anything get in their way, especially not Josh and Stephanie, the wealthy and talented brother and sister team. 
The heart doesn't always listen to reason, though...

The more time Courtney spends with sweet, shy Josh, the harder she falls for him. But they are on opposite sides of the competition, and their futures are headed in opposite directions. Will their friendship blossom into more or are thier paths too different to cross? 

This is the first book in the ICE series. The series continues with book #2, LOSING THE ICE. 





About Jennifer Comeaux

Jennifer Comeaux is a tax accountant by day, writer by night. There aren't any ice rinks near her home in south Louisiana, but she's a diehard figure skating fan and loves to write stories of romance set in the world of competitive skating. One of her favorite pastimes is traveling to competitions, where she can experience all the glitz and drama that inspire her writing. Jennifer loves to hear from her readers! Visit jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com for contact information and to learn more about her books. 

My Review: 
Tears were shed, heart rate increased, and happiness was felt.
I absolutely loved Crossing the Ice and WILL be ordering the second and third books of this series! The predictions that I made on this book didn't come true, Jennifer kept me on my toes the entire time. This was totally new for me as I can usually call what is going to happen in a romance novel, but you learn something new every day. I would actually really love reading this in Josh's point of view, I think it would make for an amazing addition to an already amazing story. (Hint Hint Jennifer!) 

Crossing the Ice was a quick read for me. I read a few chapters last night before going to bed, read a few more during my lunch break, and then I came home and sat down to read till it was completed. I am sad that it is over and I have to wait to read more about Courtney and Josh's relationship. 

I don't know what else I can say about Crossing the Ice. I just love reading love stories and Jennifer did not disappoint me whatsoever. I have to give this a five star review, I was left wanting more (and glad that this book was released last year and I won't have to wait for the release of Losing the Ice and Taking the Ice like other readers had to). A serious crush was created for Josh, and I was wishing that I was Courtney and had Josh all for myself. Yum.

One last thing that I really enjoyed about Jennifer's writing is that she wasn't predictable. Most romance novels follow the same script but Jennifer challenged that and wrote something extraordinary. I mean girls don't always get what they want in real life why should they in all books as well.  

Book Nerd Goal: Obtain entire trilogy in physical copy and have them signed! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the amazing review!! I sent you an email about your book nerd goal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love to read love stories, too, especially to change the pace from all the darker mysteries I normally get into hehe. Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete